|A letter from our President and CEO, Lynn Layton:
I am honored to share with you that Ed Burr of GreenPointe Holdings, Founder and Board Chairman of the Monique Burr Foundation for Children, is the recipient of the Hearthstone BUILDER Humanitarian Award. Since the inception of this prestigious Humanitarian Award 20 years ago, Hearthstone and BUILDER Magazine have donated more than $6 million to winning Homebuilder’s charities.
The Award is supported through donations and sponsorships, and 100% of the dollars donated are in-turn passed along to the Hearthstone recipient’s non-profit of choice. Ed Burr is this year’s Private Builder Honoree and his featured charity is The Monique Burr Foundation for Children (MBF).
We are so grateful for your previous support to MBF and ask for your support again as we honor Ed as the recipient of the Hearthstone BUILDER Humanitarian Award. April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month and is a great time to support the work done by MBF.
As you may know, the Monique Burr Foundation for Children is a nonprofit organization founded in 1997 by Ed Burr in honor of his late wife, Monique Burr, a devoted child advocate. MBF Prevention Education Programs, including MBF Child Safety Matters® for elementary schools, MBF Teen Safety Matters® for middle and high schools, MBF Athlete Safety Matters® for youth athletes, and MBF After-School Safety Matters® for after-school and youth-serving organizations, are evidence-based/evidence-informed primary prevention programs. They educate and empower children and adults with information and strategies to prevent, recognize and respond appropriately to abuse, bullying, cyberbullying, digital dangers, exploitation, and human trafficking. More than 5,000 facilitators have delivered MBF Programs to over 5 million students throughout the U.S. and in 3 additional countries.
Hearthstone is currently seeking sponsorships for the award. Sponsorships are typically around $10,000, but any donation amount is welcome. All sponsorships are made directly to the Hearthstone Foundation and are 100% tax-deductible. All donations and sponsorships must be submitted by April 30th.
Award winners and sponsors are recognized in the May edition of BUILDER magazine. Additionally, a private reception is held at the BUILDER 100 conference. Attendance to BUILDER 100 is by invitation only. Beyond top executives in the homebuilding community, invitations are extended only through sponsorship. Benefits of sponsorship include:
- Invitation to the exclusive BUILDER 100 conference awards program and reception on September 8th at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel, Dana Point, CA.
- Invitation to a private breakfast with previous and current award recipients on September 9th. This is an exclusive breakfast that provides direct access to CEOs of some of the most prominent homebuilders in the industry. www.mbfpreventioneducation.org | 904.642.0210 | Info@mbfpreventioneducation.org
- Company name included in the tribute book distributed at awards ceremony. Notable companies that have already committed to sponsorship include Whirlpool, Kohler, First American Title, Therma Tru, Oakwood Homes, Dan Ryan Homes, Garbett Homes, and Hayden Homes.
- Sponsors are recognized in a congratulatory ad in the May 2021 issue of BUILDER magazine.
- Typically, there are 350 attendees at the conference each year. There are no other vendors, suppliers, or subcontractors included unless they are sponsors.
- Sponsor logo on Hearthstone’s website: https://www.hearthstone.com/humanitarian-award/.
Given that some of our fundraising efforts were canceled this past year due to Covid, we need your support and would appreciate any donation amount you would consider. If you would like more information on event details, please contact Cindy Gilmore with Hearthstone at email@example.com or you can make donations online on the Giving Back page for Hearthstone at https://www.hearthstone.com/humanitarian-award/. When making your donation, please be sure to indicate Ed Burr as your donation recipient in the comments section.