We would love your feedback of MBF Prevention Education Programs. With YOUR help, these critically important safety lessons are delivered to 740,000 students annually! Our programs were created with schools and we continue to rely on facilitator feedback to make updates to the curriculum. You can access the survey here (https://moniqueburrfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/z1ka74z1xuoj8s/).
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
Continue your education and learn more about the importance of prevention with MBF’s Let’s Talk About Prevention Series this summer. Watch your email in the coming weeks for more details about speakers, topics and how to register at no cost.
But wait, there’s more…
- MBF After-School Safety Matters® is now available! MBF After-School Safety Matters is a comprehensive, evidence-informed prevention education program for youth in grades K-8 in after-school programs, youth-serving organizations, churches, or summer camps. The program teaches children and adults how to prevent, recognize, and respond appropriately to the four types of child abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, neglect), bullying, cyberbullying, and digital dangers. MBF After-School Safety Matters is an easy-to-implement, practical program that includes materials for youth, staff, volunteers, and parents/guardians. Just like our school-based programs, MBF After-School Safety Matters is provided to Florida public schools (and organizations partnering with Florida public schools) at no cost. See order information below.
- In order to support Florida public schools and the Florida Department of Education, MBF is creating FREE supplemental lessons to meet the requirements of the Mental and Emotional Health Rule and Substance Use and Abuse Rule. These engaging lessons will follow the same familiar format that our facilitator’s love; practical and easy to implement including turn-key scripts and PowerPoint presentations. The best part is the content will use the same 5 MBF Safety Rules to educate and empower students so there will be consistency in all messaging. The lessons will be ready in time for Back to School and will be located on the MBF Online Facilitator Portal (no order necessary).
- You can now order MBF After-School Safety Matters or any of our programs, or you can pre-order program materials at no cost for the 2020-2021 school year in 3 easy steps!
- Log in to your Facilitator account through the MBF Online Facilitator Portal at www.mbfpreventioneducation.org. (If you do not have a Facilitator account, or you have forgotten your password, click on the Facilitator Tab and follow the directions to create an account or to reset you password.)
- Click on the Order Materials tab at the top of the page.
- Place you order. When you place your order, you can choose to have materials delivered NOW to be ready to implement this summer or to be ready to implement the lessons at the start of the school year OR you may opt for delivery when your school reopens.
We will be working closely with Florida school districts to accommodate trainings along with the safe reopening of schools. If you’d like to secure a date for a live Certified Facilitator Training for next school year (either in person or via Zoom), please reach out to Florida Outreach Manager, Beth Dudjak, at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Monique Burr Foundation for Children + Darkness to Light = Prevent 360°
Prevent 360° is a comprehensive approach to protect youth utilizing adult-focused AND child-focused programs that complement one another. To learn more, MBF is encouraging facilitators to take the Darkness to Light Stewards of Children online training. MBF is offering The Somer Sunshine Scholarship to ALL Florida facilitators. Take advantage of this learning opportunity at no cost through the end of July. To learn more about Prevent 360°, visit www.Prevent360.org. To access the training via the Somer Sunshine Scholarship, visit https://www.mbfpreventioneducation.org/why-use-our-programs/prevent360/.
Summer Safety Matters
As we all anxiously await our new normal, kids have summer to be excited about! But it might not be like any summer they have ever had before. For some, it might mean a camp they have never attended or a new sitter. It is important that children are prepared when visiting new places, are around unfamiliar faces, and when they find themselves spending more time on digital devices. MBF Prevention Education Programs can help keep children safe during this time just as they do at school. Having to Talk It Up to a Safe Adult can feel intimidating to a child, especially if they are unsure. MBF programs help make it easy to educate and empower children, as well as parents and staff. MBF’s Summer Safety Tips (https://www.mbfpreventioneducation.org/resource/summer-safety-matters/) page provides a guide to a safer summer and talking points for parents to help better protect children.
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MBF
Even though summer is near, the MBF team works year-round. If you need support planning for the 2020-2021 school year, please reach out to us at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) or feel free to call 904-642-0210. We enjoy connecting with you, receiving feedback about MBF online trainings and about your experiences presenting remotely.
Back To All Newsletters