MBF Teen Safety Matters® is a comprehensive, evidence-informed prevention education program for middle school students in grades 6-8 and high-school students in grades 9-12.
The program educates and empowers teens and all relevant adults with information and strategies to prevent, recognize, and respond appropriately to bullying, cyberbullying, all types of abuse, relationship abuse, sex trafficking, and digital dangers.
The program was developed WITH schools, not FOR schools, to make the best use of existing resources and ensure schools have effective programs that are easy to implement. Trained facilitators present in classrooms using turnkey scripts along with engaging, interactive PowerPoints that include lecture, group discussion, skills-practice activities, videos, and games.
MBF Teen Safety Matters – Middle School Edition consists of two 55-minute lessons (or four shorter lessons) presented to students in individual classrooms in each grade, 6-8. MBF Teen Safety Matters – High School Edition consists of two 55-minute lessons (or four shorter lessons) presented to students in grades 9 – 12 together, allowing for use in blended grade classrooms.
Program Features and Benefits
- Easy and practical for schools to implement
- Developmentally appropriate for students in grades six through twelve
- Based on Polyvictimization research
- Provides universal strategies to better protect adolescents, including five easy-to-remember Safety Rules
- Educates teens, school staff, and parents
- Provides practice and reinforcement of learned skills
- Created, reviewed, and supported by experts
- Trusted by parents and schools
Lesson 1 – Digital Safety
- Digital abuse and safety
- Digital self-awareness
- Digital self-management
- Digital citizenship
Lesson 2 – Physical/Emotional Safety
- Physical abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Relationship abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Sex trafficking
- Sexual assault
Additional reinforcement materials for parents, classrooms, and schools are available.
- Curriculum Book with Facilitator Manual and Scripts
- Flash Drive with classroom PowerPoints and other program materials
- Three-year subscription to password-protected facilitator site
- Online Facilitator Training
- Canvas tote bag
- Class Notes Sheets for lessons
- Home Learning Assignment
- Various other reinforcement items (pens, student resource cards, etc.)
For Parents/Safe Adults
(Several foreign language versions also available.)
- Parent Welcome and Opt-Out Forms
- Parent Information & Activity Sheets
- Parent PowerPoint training
- Pre- and post-tests to measure student learning
- Staff PowerPoint training
- Safety Rules Classroom Posters
- Safety Rules School Banner
Classroom Lesson Previews
Please see the sample scripts and PowerPoint below to preview the classroom lessons. (Please note pages have been removed for preview.)
Pricing and Ordering
*Materials are provided at no cost to Florida public schools and organizations partnering with
Florida public schools through a generous appropriation from the Florida Office of the Attorney General.
To order materials for Florida public schools, please click here.